Life is filled with ups and downs, unexpected events and hard things that cause us to question, with obstacles that sometimes feel overwhelming.
There may be plenty of reasons why your current view feels as though it will be the end of you but with a second look and a healthier perspective, you might just see that your obstacle is really an opportunity for you to prove to yourself your: ability, your intelligence, your endurance, your capacity.
Opportunitites are situations deemed impossible shown to be possible by consistent perseverance.
Opportunities are also situations for us to grow our capacity. Where ability is the skill needed to do something, capacity is the maximum amount that something (someone) can obtain. See the difference? We can have all the ability in the world but if we max out in capacity, we cannot manage anything else. If we allow hard, uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating situations to mature us using the right perspective, we will growing our capacity.
Next time you are facing an obstacle, tell yourself out-loud (so that you can hear yourself say):
- “I am strong. I will get through this.”
- “I can not make everyone happy, I must be true to myself.”
- “I’m just going to have to try again.”
- “I am worthy of a good relationship.”
- “I am worth of of love.”
- “I have good qualities to add to the world and those around me.”
At Hope Women’s Centers, we believe that:
- you CAN do hard things
- you CAN make hard choices
- you CAN achieve your goals
- you CAN and should dream big
- you CAN handle more than you think
- you CAN rise above the situation you are in
- you CAN find comfort in the fact that you DO have options
There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish. –Michelle Obama
I think it takes a strong man to be in a relationship with a strong woman. A lot of people hear the word ‘diva’ and think of it as a negative. I see it as a positive. I want somebody who knows what they want out of life and isn’t afraid to show it. –Nick Cannon